To install an email signature in Apple Mail on MacOS, please follow the steps below:
- 1Open Apple Mail application on your Mac.
- 2From the menu bar at the top left of the screen, click on “Mail” and select “Preferences” from the dropdown menu.
- 3Click on the “Signatures” tab at the top of the Preferences window.
- 4Click on the “+” button at the bottom left of the Signatures window to create a new signature.
- 5Type in a name for your signature in the left column. This name is for your reference only and will not appear in your emails.
- 6Copy the Author Signature into your clipboard.
- 7In the right column, create your signature by typing in the text you want to appear (e.g. Name, Company, Phone Number, Social Media, etc), including any links.
- 8You can then paste the Author Signature image below your text.
- 9Once you have finished creating your signature, close the Signatures window. Note that images may not appear in the preview, but they will be visible when composing an email.
- 10In the Mail preferences window, use the dropdown menus next to “Choose signature” to select the signature you just created for your new emails and for replies/forwards.
- 11Close the Mail preferences window, and your Author Signature is now installed and will automatically appear in your new emails and replies/forwards.
That’s it! Your new email signature is now installed and ready to use in Apple Mail on MacOS.
A few important points to remember: